Saturday, February 23, 2008

I feel like a "TEA BAG" !!!

Why me? Why always me? The only thing that resembles my current situation so closely is a "TEA BAG". A bag which carries the real flavour and aroma inside its bosom, but ends up being boiled to death and squeezed till the last drop of blood is squeezed out of it. The "TEA BAG" does not endure these things instead rejoices in being an instrument of refreshment for its master. Its master sips its extracts, gets refreshed and throws it out as if nothing happened. The fatigue vanishes, the depression vanishes, the sorrows disappear and so does the "TEA BAG" from the life of its master. The "TEA BAG" is stunned. It asks its master, "I've always been there for you whenever you were sad, frustrated, depressed, in despair or in dilemma. In fact I was born to serve you. What is my importance in YOUR life?". The master replies, "You have a permanent place in my life! I can never forget you. You've have always been there with me when I needed you. In fact, I owe my life to you. I am alive because in my difficult times, you gave me the strength to live.". The "TEA BAG" smiles and looks around but cannot find its master anywhere close despite his assurance of the deep bond he has with it. It finds itself lonely buried under a dump of filth and stinking garbage. The "TEA BAG" is shattered. It wants a shoulder to cry, an ear to listen, a hand to caress and a heart to kiss. It has lost its way in the wilderness of selfishness, false promises and superficial care of its master. So finally, it sits and writes this post in it's long forgotten blog. A realization dawns in the life of the "TEA BAG". It realizes that it is alone and doomed to death. Its dream to be 'the apple' of its master's eyes is nothing but a dream.

The "TEA BAG" sits back, squeezes its arms around, lying numb in the darkness of the filthy trash can just waiting for the scavenger to pick it up.

2 comments:

Greenbrier said...

we are not brave
because we cannot stand ourselves
'we'
have the least cohesive
social structure
imaginable
we would quiver
if we met each other

we think we are not supposed to carry on
and maybe we are not
what good are the genes of a man
who cannot speak to his attraction
and what good are the genes of a man
who walks out into a hail of bullets
not much
that's why they both die alone

i am a coward
but sometimes I take drastic action
everytime I have done this
it backfires on me
but sometimes I think it backfires
because the causes of it were there
in the first place
and were only exacerbated
by my prolonging
of silence
and when your voice is sounded
it is all too late

it seems we cowards are the ones who
have failed to master even one
of the two dichotomous relationships
eros and destruction
and we cannot love
and we cannot fight
and that's why we are
because we are not
fulfill something, even if it is nothing

for cowards like I us I think Nothing is best
we have obviously failed at Everything
This is similar to the 'videogame'
but life is not a videogame
life is only a mindless set of tasks
because society is so difficult to transcend
what we should understand
is that reality is there for us to understand
but always moves at a pace where we cannot
keep up with it
and that is back and forth and in-between

and so let it flow through you
let it all go and go and go
and don't ever think you have mastered anything
until you have learnt even one absolute truth
about the most minute of things
then you can move on
but apart from that
master the art of in and out
Everything should be transient and consistent
and when they occur
you have mastered the great Nothing
that we cannot ever truly
understand
but cannot ever
exist outside

Greenbrier said...

btw I really really like this, I hope luck shines your way