Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Fragility of Emotions

I have always been an object of mockery amongst friend because of my appearance. I have won a plethora of titles from all around me ... ... ... ... black panther, swine, macaque, baboon, tiddu, kallu, bhains, hippo, rhino & the list is endless ... ... ... ... Some wonder that despite these incessant mockery sessions Rajiv is undeterred and never reacts harshly. There have been instances when the ones involved in ridiculing and humiliating me are suddenly struck by a fit of understanding and sensibility. Out of the blue, they start making others involved (in the same act which they were involved in a while ago) realise that they are crossing all confines.

All this appears to be an obvious outcome of apathy. My apathy is because of the fragility of my emotions. I want all around me to be cheerful, content and blissful. When I am the victim, all around me seem to have a blissful time, contented with laughter and cheering each other for their innovative one-liners and titles showered on me generously. When the act of my victimization seems to have such numinous effect on people around me, what better privilege can God present to me but be a victim willfully! People fail to understand that my victimization works towards my advantage. It nurtures the human within me, making him realise and envisage more clearly the motive of my existence ... spread love, serve selflessly and speak out of the overflow of emotions.

No comments: